Please note: The dogs in ODH's Final Refuge care are not adoptable due to medical reasons and all are in permanent homes. Your sponsorship supports the veterinary expenses for these dogs - and we thank you!
From Billy’s Final Refuge family:
Billy [now occasionally known as William when he needs a stern reprimand] is a 10-year-old shepherd mix. He’s handsome, tall, long and too lean; we’re working on that.
As we understand it, Billy spent his entire life outside, chained to a tree or his dog house. A kindly neighbor of Billy’s owner convinced the owner to surrender Billy to a local shelter. That’s when ODH became involved. We saw Billy for the first time on the ODH Facebook page and decided to offer a Final Refuge Home for Billy. After Billy joined our home, ODH made sure that he received vet care to assess his health and address any ongoing issues that he was having.
In spite of his former circumstances, Billy is a sweet boy. He gets along well with Brody, his new brother, and is very diligent when it comes to keeping an eye on his people at all times. He’s a big fan of squeaky toys, morning walks, chasing his ball in the backyard and the neighborhood rabbits in the backyard. He is expert at lobbying to eat before it’s time to eat and always willing to make an unauthorized inspection of the kitchen.
All in all, Billy is a great dog. We’re very happy to have him as part of our family.
Billy is sponsored by:
- ABH of Chicago, IL in honour of my sister in law (07/31/2023)
- Chris & Greg Schwesinger of Seattle, WA - Recurring (02/28/2023)
- Neftali Fernandez of Tucson, AZ; Danae Ashley of Everett, WA in memory of our beloved Alvie Anne (03/31/2023)
- Cassie Carroll of Seattle, WA - Lifetime Sponsor
- John & Jane Torma of Stanwood, WA; Nicole Pilarski of Tacoma, WA (02/28/2023)
- Karen Zook of Yakima, WA in memory of Bosco, a wonderful friend and companion (02/28/2023)
- Hsinih Tu of Seattle, WA in honor of Nicole & Bernoulli (06/30/2022)
- Shelli L Horan of Renton, WA in memory of Betty White who lived for animals (01/31/2023)
- Susan Pennington of Sequim, WA in honor of Yvonne Plantz; Jennifer Peppin of Lacey, WA in memory of Betty White (01/31/2023)
- Starr Davis of Seattle, WA; Marilyn Robinson (01/31/2023)
- Angie Tomisser of Bremerton, WA in honor of Betty White; Tyrone and Carol Hardy of Everett, WA (06/30/2022)
- Kelly Foster of Sequim, WA in memory of Cassie (06/30/2022)
- Alethia Rodriguez of Renton, WA in memory of our 13 1/2 year old Sunny - Recurring (07/31/2022)