Please note: The dogs in ODH's Final Refuge care are not adoptable due to medical reasons and all are in permanent homes. Your sponsorship supports the veterinary expenses for these dogs - and we thank you!
Charlie is a happy 13-year-old yellow lab that needed a new home after living his entire life with a loving family. Four years ago, Charlie had frequent collapsing episodes and eventually was diagnosed with a very serious heart condition called DCM (dilated cardiomyopathy). DCM is a medical condition that causes the heart muscle to be weak and enlarged affecting circulation. With Charlie’s age and ongoing medical issues, this adorable guy would have a difficult time finding an adoptive home. Old Dog Haven was contacted and a long-time foster family volunteered to make Charlie the newest member of their family.
Charlie’s foster mom says he is adjusting well to his new home. “We took one look at his sweet face and our family instantly fell in love with him. We were told he had some anxiety issues and we assumed he would need a lot of time to adjust and settle in but he walked into our home and it was like he had always lived there. He gets along well with all of his Old Dog Haven foster friends and is a very gentle and happy boy. His favorite way to spend the day is to play with his favorite tennis ball and then find a soft bed to take a long nap. We are so grateful to Old Dog Haven and all of their supporters who have generously donated to ensure Charlie always receives the medical care he needs to live a happy and comfortable life.”
Charlie’s health needs must be closely monitored by a veterinarian and he will need to be on multiple daily medications to keep his heart healthy. He just received a full medical workup and has already had his first appointment with a cardiologist for an echocardiogram. We hope Charlie has many more days of chasing tennis balls and enjoying a life filled with comfort and love.
Charlie is sponsored by:
- Stella Riskin of Staunton, VA (11/30/2023)
- Louise & Scott Anderson Middleton of Lynnwood, WA - Lifetime Sponsor - in hoor of Louise Middleton, and Fritzie, Nicky and Schotzie
- Susan Cotner of Kenmore, WA (11/30/2023)
- Anonymous (08/31/2024)
- April Smith of Tacoma, WA (11/30/2023)
- Jennifer A Wilson of Newcastle, WA - in memory of Koby - Lifetime Sponsor
- Nancy Seferos of Mount Vernon, WA (08/31/2024)
- Katherine Busching & Rick Smale of Mill Creek, WA - in memory of Sophie & Dee Dee (08/31/2024)
- Jennifer Pedersen of Tacoma, WA - Lifetime Sponsor
- In recognition of Treuting Vet House Calls and in memory of Coco (01/31/2024)
- Olivia & Hei Luk of Mercer Island, WA - In memory of Meimei (08/31/2024)
- Monica Sanches of Edmond, WA - in memory of my sweet Camille - Lifetime Sponsor