Please note: The dogs in ODH's Final Refuge care are not adoptable due to medical reasons and all are in permanent homes. Your sponsorship supports the veterinary expenses for these dogs - and we thank you!
Cooper, who looks like a cream-colored labrador, has something else in him – brown streak on his ears and a few places on his body. He was found by a kind soul in really terrible shape, emaciated and very wobbly, with diarrhea and dripping urine at times, not neutered so with enlarged and possibly cancerous prostate. She had a vet check him over and get started on meds but simply couldn’t afford any more care so at our urging he went to one of the shelters who work closely with ODH. We sent him to a specialty center for 36 hours of supportive care and diagnostics.
When testing failed to find concrete evidence of cancer we worked out a plan for treatment with the specialists there, and we went to a hospice home. Cooper is being treated for presumed Inflammatory Bowel Disease and disc damage; the diarrhea has gone away and dribbling starting to improve. His mobility has improved on medication and he’s enjoy exploring the yard and house. He loves his foster buddies and overall loves being spoiled! His foster family is making a great effort to care for him; we don’t know if he will have days or weeks or if magically he might recover his weight and strength and go on longer. Whatever his future, he is a much loved and happy member of a family for the rest of his life and all his fans are so glad.
Cooper is sponsored by:
- Janet Ann of Black Diamond, WA Happy Valentine's Day from Seley and Chloe Nemish (07/31/2018)
- Sandra Lassman of Maple Valley, WA in honor of Whoopi; Jeff Dragovich; Justin MacFayden (05/31/2018)
- Brandy Frantz of Poulsbo, WA; Victor Alcantara of Seattle, WA; Judy Pulley of Salkum, WA in memory of ODH foster Sassafras; Valerie Azanza-Powell of Edmonds, WA in Memory of Shania; Deb Martin & Shawna Ryan; Glen Miller of Bellevue, WA (02/28/2019)
- Melanie Trudell of Seattle, WA; Ryan & Jill Perovich of Redmond, WA; Nicole Toskey of Duvall WA (05/31/2018)
- Anonymous in memory of "Torey", the #1 Dobie; Imka Lavinder of Gig harbor, WA; Jennifer Ahern of Ellensburg, WA; Don Pearson of Everett, WA in memory of Smarty; (05/31/2018)
- Anneke Burgess of Fircrest, WA; Juliette Brush-Hoover of Seattle, WA for Glen Attebery; Chris Lira of Issaquah, WA; Janet Sundstrom of Tacoma, WA (08/31/2018)
- Peggy Fuentes of Kingston, WA in Memory of "Nicholas", "Oreo", "Max" and "Kali" (03/31/2018)
- Philip Jones of Olympia, WA (03/31/2018)
- Elaine Huckabee of Everett, WA in memory of Charlie and Molly; Nancy Lomsdalen of Mt.Vernon, WA; Milissa Tingley of Snohomish, WA; Steve Williams of Edmonds, WA (05/31/2018)
- Irene Zrelak of Kent, WA; Sallie Plummer of Richardson, TX; Deahn Compton of Redmond, WA; Tammy Jonsson of Kirkland, WA; Justin Werner of Federal Way, WA; Laura Morse of Seattle, WA; Cynthia French of Des Moines, WA (05/31/2018)
- David Phelps of Spokane, WA (05/31/2018)
- Michelle Rand of Estacada, OR; Nicole Walsh of Kenmore, WA; Stephanie Cirkovich of Seattle, WA (02/28/2019)