Please note: The dogs in ODH's Final Refuge care are not adoptable due to medical reasons and all are in permanent homes. Your sponsorship supports the veterinary expenses for these dogs - and we thank you!
Darla was left at a shelter for “owner-requested euthanasia”, citing severe arthritis. The shelter didn’t find her crippled so put her on the adoption floor. Unfortunately, she was so terribly stressed by the experience that the shelter vet put her on a LOT of anti-anxiety meds and eventually ODH was asked to take her. As it turned out, the anxiety was really the only part of the information we got that was accurate!
She is three years younger than they thought (though still a senior), she has no arthritis, but she does have skin problems that haven’t responded to any or our treatments, anal glands that easily get infected and a mass on her rectum, and definitely tends to anxiety.
On the other hand, she’s a terrific ball-player – any ball! – and a very sweet girl who cons every visitor into petting her. She will soon see the dermatologist in hopes of finding an answer to her persistent skin lesions.
Our dogs always come with surprises and Darla has proved that true!
Darla is sponsored by:
- Randy and Renee Canfield in celebration of Roxie "How lucky I am to have had something so special that it makes saying goodbye so hard" Winnie the Pooh (12/31/2022)
- Nancy Seferos of Mount Vernon, WA in honor of Linda Seferos (12/31/2022)
- Anonymous of Vancouver, WA (12/31/2022)
- Lynn & Dick Caragol of Seattle, WA (12/31/2022)
- Katharine Mayerschoff of Snohomish, WA in honor of Joann Zanan - Lifetime Sponsor
- Tim Gillam & Dawn Farmer of Arlington, WA in honor of Marty McMurray (12/31/2022)
- Katherine Busching & Rick Smale of Mill Creek, WA in memory of Sophie and Dee Dee (12/31/2022)
- LuAna & Ricky Boykins of Kennesaw, GA with love for our 3 boys, Buster, Casey & Gunner! - Lifetime Sponsor
- Sheryle Aijala of Tacoma, WA (02/28/2023)
- Sharon Williams of Snohomish, WA (02/28/2023)
- Susan Vincent of Grand Junction, CO in honor of Bella (06/30/2022)
- Joni Derifield of Bainbridge Island, WA in memory of Boomer (06/30/2022)