Please note: The dogs in ODH's Final Refuge care are not adoptable due to medical reasons and all are in permanent homes. Your sponsorship supports the veterinary expenses for these dogs - and we thank you!
Meet DeeDee. This beautiful long-haired dachshund was found as a stray and brought to a shelter. Nobody came looking for her. Can you believe it?
Unfortunately, DeeDee had a few challenges to adoption: She was a senior, she had huge ulcerated mammary tumors, and she needed dental work. With these three strikes against her, the shelter contacted Old Dog Haven to see if DeeDee would be a good candidate for the Final Refuge program.
Once in ODH care, DeeDee received a complete health workup. Her huge tumors were removed and she had that much-needed dental work done. And boy, once those bulky tumors were removed and her mouth felt better, there was no stopping her! The following summer, she even won the Old Dog category of the dachshund races at the annual ODH Walk for Old Dogs.
DeeDee has now been with us as an ODH Final Refuge dog for more than 2 years and she is a joy. Her hobbies, in order of preference, are eating meals, eating snacks, tummy rubs, napping in the sun, and chasing us around the kitchen island. She is a super happy girl and keeps us entertained with her subtle requests, like rolling over onto our shoes while we are tying them so that we have to stop to rub her tummy.
DeeDee continues to bring us joy, with her easy and friendly personality shining through every day.
DeeDee is sponsored by:
- Lauren Anderson of Issaquah, WA - Lifetime Sponsor
- Barbara Maurer of New Bern, NC in memory of "Missy", "Kinsey", and "Sneakers" - Lifetime
- Delaney Cunningham of Seattle, WA in honor of Jessica & Mike Telan (01/31/2024)
- Annie Hudson of Redmond, WA in memory of Pud & Joanie Hamilton (11/30/2023)
- in recognition of Elliott Bay Animal Hospital and in memory of Rigby (04/30/2023)
- Ron and Judy Barber of Kent, WA in memory of Tom Gassett - Lifetime Sponsorship