Please note: The dogs in ODH's Final Refuge care are not adoptable due to medical reasons and all are in permanent homes. Your sponsorship supports the veterinary expenses for these dogs - and we thank you!
Meet DeeDee. This beautiful long-haired dachshund was found as a stray and brought to a shelter. Nobody came looking for her. Can you believe it?
Unfortunately, DeeDee had a few challenges to adoption. First, she was a senior. Second, she had huge ulcerated mammary tumors. And third, she needed dental work. With these strikes against her, the shelter contacted Old Dog Haven to see if DeeDee would be a good candidate for the final refuge program.
Once in the program, DeeDee received a complete health workup. She had the huge tumors removed and had some much needed dental work done. Once those bulky tumors were removed, there was no stopping her. The following summer, she even won the Old Dog category of the dachshund races at the ODH Walk for Old Dogs.
DeeDee has now been with us as a final refuge foster for 2 ½ years and she is a joy. Her hobbies, in order of preference, are eating meals, eating snacks, tummy rubs, napping in the sun, and chasing us around the kitchen island. She is a super happy girl and keeps us entertained with her subtle requests, like rolling over onto our shoes while we are tying them so that we have to stop to rub her tummy.
DeeDee continues to bring us joy, with her easy and friendly personality shining through every day.
DeeDee is sponsored by:
- Kami Bettelon of Auburn, WA in memory of Nikki, my playful, loving, and protective min pin who joined her sister Daisy in heaven (09/30/2020)
- Renee & Randy Canfield of Vancouver, WA in memory of Bella (06/30/2021)
- Andrea Hurst of Garner, NC in honor of my long haired doxie Basil who passed about four years ago (09/30/2020)
- Sheri and Ben Shnider of Washington, DC - happy Birthday Mom! (11/30/2020)
- Carrie Andersen of Puyallup, WA (10/31/2020)
- John Walker of Arlington, WA in memory of Daisy (10/31/2020)
- Marni Kurtz of Sammamish, WA (10/31/2020)
- Terence Bennett of Laguna Nigel, CA (10/31/2020)
- Trice Antinoro of Merrimack, NH (10/31/2020)
- Sheryl Hammons of Greenacres, WA in memory of Hans, Heidi, Hunter, Oscar, and Peanut (07/31/2021)
- Victoria Carnahan of Belfair, WA (10/31/2020)
- Nancy Kool of Seattle, WA in memory of Ben, Matty, and Tuck (10/31/2020)
- Deanna Woodruff of Sammamish, WA (07/31/2021)
- Kenneth Oliver of Puyallup, WA (10/31/2020)
- Krista Hofius of Blaine, WA in memory of Coco (10/31/2020)