Please note: The dogs in ODH's Final Refuge care are not adoptable due to medical reasons and all are in permanent homes. Your sponsorship supports the veterinary expenses for these dogs - and we thank you!
From her Final Refuge Mom:
“Fiona was a stray in really bad shape and came to us directly from a shelter. She was transported by a shelter volunteer who drove many hours to bring her to us only to turn around and drive back north. (There are so many incredible volunteers helping old dogs!) Fiona had eye and ear problems and her skin was a mess. She was missing all the fur on the bottom half of her body, around her ears and on her legs. Her skin was swollen, goopy and smelly. She had a large lump dangling on her belly. She also had flea eggs all over her remaining fur. Yup, she definitely needed us. Even with all her health issues she was the sweetest, friendliest dog we could imagine. She wagged her tail nonstop and we were in love.
“Thanks to Old Dog Haven she got her hypothyroidism under control. She saw an ophthalmologist and her tear production has started again and her eyes are greatly improved. With a round of meds and weekly medicated baths her skin has healed and she is starting to grow fur on the bare places! It is growing in a different color but she is fluffy and adorable!”
Fiona is sponsored by:
- Loydene Rambo Daggett of West Richland, WA (06/30/2020)
- Tamma McNiel of Seattle, WA in honor of Miko (05/31/2020)
- Harmony Frazier of Brier, WA (02/29/2020)
- Mary Wright of Bellevue, WA for Debra Whitted and Steve Goodwin and Marvin (12/31/2020)
- Jessica Lothrop of Spokane, WA in honor of Jackie and Russ VanderVeen (03/31/2020)
- Daniele Bradford of Edmonds, WA in honor of Dava Devore (12/31/2020)