Please note: The dogs in ODH's Final Refuge care are not adoptable due to medical reasons and all are in permanent homes. Your sponsorship supports the veterinary expenses for these dogs - and we thank you!
Meet our sweet girl, Juno! Juno came to our Old Dog Haven family after being surrendered to a local animal shelter. Her previous owner was moving and couldn’t take her along, so Juno found herself alone and terrified in an unfamiliar place. She had numerous lumps and bumps, and some hairless patches on her underside and legs. Her full-body tremors and chattering teeth made it even more clear that she needed out of the shelter.
When Juno first arrived at our house, her anxiety was still in the driver’s seat. She was cautious meeting her new canine roommate Scrappy, and she followed us around everywhere. She showed signs of separation anxiety and would pace, cry, and howl when left alone. This poor girl was constantly on alert and she must have been exhausted. But with lots of love, patience, and treats, Juno has settled in and she has really come out of her shell! She loves playing with her pal Scrappy, though their play is a bit mellow because they are two senior pups, and she is the best car-riding pup we’ve ever had! Juno’s favorite thing is to simply be outside in nature, following her nose. But she also loves snuggling and getting belly rubs. Of course!
Your support of ODH allows Juno to get the care she needs to thrive for the rest of her years, and her improvements are showing. Her hair has grown back, her lumps and bumps have all been investigated, and she’s making great strides in dealing with her anxiety. She’s the happiest, most friendly girl with the biggest smile we know! Thank you, friends!
Juno is sponsored by:
- Nancy Seferos of Mount Vernon, WA (02/28/2022)
- Carol Marston of Friday Harbor, WA (02/28/2023)
- Katherine Busching & Rick Smale of Mill Creek, WA in memory of Sophie & DeeDee (02/28/2022)
- Sheryle Aijala of Kirkland, WA (02/28/2022)
- Jamie Barczak-Careaga of Fircrest, WA in memory of Damien & Benson (02/28/2022)
- Jessica Walsh of Kenmore, WA (02/28/2022)
- Alice Elizabeth Hart of Olympia, WA (10/31/2021)
- Vicky & Greg Smith of Olympia, WA (03/31/2022)
- Elizabeth Groff of Phoenix, AZ in memory of Tisha (03/31/2022)
- Jessica Petheram of Spokane Valley, WA in honor of Lily (11/30/2021)
- Sarah Swenson of Seattle, WA (07/31/2022)
- Lauri Perry of Federal Way, WA in memory of sweet Abby (01/31/2022)