Please note: The dogs in ODH's Final Refuge care are not adoptable due to medical reasons and all are in permanent homes. Your sponsorship supports the veterinary expenses for these dogs - and we thank you!
From the Final Refuge family:
This adorable pair, came in at two separate times, one in September the other the week of Christmas in 2020. We renamed them because they were both named after trees. So we looked up the Japanese versions of their names and changed them to Koji and Kazuki.
What was really incredibly unbelievable to our family was that both these two little dogs, one at five and a half pounds the other six pounds, were found wandering in the downtown area of a local city.
The guesses on their ages when found were 15 and about 20 on the little poodle mix. We have now lowered the ages to about 12. Since we didn’t know the history of either dog we slowly learned. Koji, the little Maltese, is a very cuddly boy who is scared of everything loud. We have learned to play soft music, and when we feed him have music on, and he has gotten much better. Kazuki accepts other dogs but has fear issues. We are so happy that with our care and love both dogs are happy and feel safe.
We love these little guys so much and feel we are so lucky to help with their care. Both have been quick learners and both have no problem with potty habits but where they needed help was with feeling loved, cared for and we feel Old Dog Haven gave them that opportunity in our home. These little ones are now 7 and 10 pounds. A good diet and not living on the streets can do that!
Koji and Kazuki is sponsored by:
- In loving memory of Rick and Doogan Bueller, best husband and golden ever (11/30/2022)
- Gary Larsen of Lynnwood, WA (02/28/2023)
- Carolyn & James Marcoll of Everett, WA (02/28/2023)
- Patty Kunitsugu of Seattle WA in memory of Alex, we miss you!
- Robin Olson of Covington, WA (04/30/2023)
- Susana Ortiz of Issaquah, WA (05/31/2023)
- Nani Zyuzin of Camano Island, WA in loving memory of Monchichi & Momo - Recurring (10/31/2022)