Please note: The dogs in ODH's Final Refuge care are not adoptable due to medical reasons and all are in permanent homes. Your sponsorship supports the veterinary expenses for these dogs - and we thank you!
Mimmo – This teacup Maltese came to the shelter covered in fleas, un-neutered, and with terrible teeth. He also developed kennel cough which he had to recover from before joining his new ODH permanent foster family. But once he was in the rescue’s care, things began to turn around for him. Because he was cryptorchid — one of his testes remained in his abdominal cavity — he needed to have surgery to be neutered (testes left in the abdomen have a high rate of becoming cancerous). One of his teeth broke in half only a few days after coming into ODH care and so the dental surgery was the next top priority. He ended up losing most of his teeth due to the severity of periodontal disease. And he has a luxating patella which needs to be monitored.
Mimmo recovered from his surgeries in record time, and now acts like a puppy. In fact, most people who see him assume he’s just a baby given his size and playful demeanor. They are shocked to find out he’s likely between the ages of 10 and 14. He runs up to greet every human being he sees, and loves to play, kiss, and eat treats. He’s a champion cuddler and also a tough little dude – he takes no bull from anyone!
Mimmo has stolen the hearts of everyone who has the privilege of meeting him. The fact that he is in ODH goes to show it doesn’t matter if a dog is an unintended mutt or a fancy designer-breed that costs over $6,000 to procure as a puppy… they can all end up abandoned. And Old Dog Haven will take them all in and make sure they are coddled and cared for the rest of their days.
Mimmo is sponsored by:
- Victor Nosce in memory of Klondike - Lifetime Sponsor
- In loving memory of Rick and Doogan Bueller, best husband and golden ever (11/30/2022)
- Susan K Herbrand of Fox Island, WA - Recurring (12/31/2022)
- Nancy Seferos of Mount Vernon, WA (06/30/2023)
- Gary Larsen of Lynnwood, WA (06/30/2023)
- Carolyn Schultz of Anchorage, AK (04/30/2023)
- Jill L Johnstone of Camano Island, WA - Lifetime Sponsor
- in memory of Christine Siska - Lifetime Sponsorship
- Nani Zyuzin of Camano Island, WA in memory of Yoshi - Lifetime Sponsorship