Please note: The dogs in ODH's Final Refuge care are not adoptable due to medical reasons and all are in permanent homes. Your sponsorship supports the veterinary expenses for these dogs - and we thank you!
Trixie came to us from a shelter which she was taken to after her original owner passed away. She was initially thought to have Cushing’s Disease, but after lab tests it was confirmed that she in fact does not. Trixie IS however very overweight and needs a strict diet and exercise. This includes prescription dog food to help her lose weight. It seems as if Trixie lived a very sedentary life because her back legs lacked any strength or muscle, and it was very hard for her to stand or walk for long periods of time. Other medical issues include chronic ear and yeast infections as well as conjunctivitis in her eyes.
Trixie has been with her permanent foster parents since June of 2019. After a couple weeks of adjustment and realizing she was in a safe and happy home, Miss Trixie has come to life. She loves to play fetch, go on walks, snuggle on the couch, and bring her humans various gifts like socks, shoes and her food dish.
She has become stronger and is losing weight. She is completely deaf, but has been finding her voice. In fact she is quite vocal in expressing her opinion throughout the day. She has bonded nicely into her pack with her older Cocker brother. She is quite content and is happy to once again have a family to call her own. Thanks to Old Dog Haven, this sweet girl has a new lease on life!
Trixie is sponsored by:
- Chris Lira of Flat Rock, NC (08/31/2020)
- Linda McDowell of Ontario, OR (01/31/2020)
- Peri & Phil Dicrescentis of Edmonds, WA in memory of Sophie (08/31/2020)
- Laura Morse of Seattle, WA (11/30/2019)
- Sheryle Aijala of Kirkland, WA in memory of Miiko (our sweet old yellow lab) (08/31/2020)
- Deanna Woodruff of Sammamish, WA (08/31/2020)
- Lauren Hartley of Seattle, WA (01/31/2020)
- Judith Gengler of Rehoboth, MA (09/30/2020)