Please note: The dogs in ODH's Final Refuge care are not adoptable due to medical reasons and all are in permanent homes. Your sponsorship supports the veterinary expenses for these dogs - and we thank you!
Here is Tucker, who was recently placed in an ODH Final Refuge home after arriving at a local shelter. This little fellow lucked out when an established foster family put their hand up for him!
We first heard of Tucker after he’d been in a serious car accident. The car had served as a home to Tucker with his owner who was in poor health. We heard that Tucker had likely been injured in the car accident. Before having the car for a home, he had been a puppy mill dog; bred and never neutered or given any vet care.
At 14 years old, dear Tucker has no lower jaw due to never having dental care. One hip is luxated out of socket and he has some collapsed discs. Because of tracheal collapse, he also has a terrible cough and wheeze. Tucker was a candidate for Old Dog Haven because of his age and his long list of medical issues that needed to be addressed. Thanks to our donors, we are very happy to help him!
Tucker’s fosters let us know he has settled in nicely. He has made friends with Fiona, their other Old Dog Haven foster. Tucker has chosen the man in the house to be “his person”. Tucker had his first bath in his new home-probably the first bath he has had in a very long time! His fosters reported that even his cough and wheeze seem to be doing better now that he’s receiving medications.
We are so happy for Tucker and so relieved to know he will never suffer again. Thanks to his new family and to all of you who support Old Dog Haven, life is good for this little fellow!
Tucker is sponsored by:
- Marguerite Orban of Glen Mills, PA (06/30/2022)
- Emily A Cone of Bradyville, TN in memory of Roxy, Big Block Head. You could shake your Boxer booty like no other. Run Free, sweet girl! - Uncle Dallas and Aunt Remly (06/30/2022)
- Carla & Rich Tuttle of Vienna, WV in memory of of our sweet Roxy (08/31/2023)
- Aleksandra Wnek of Renton, WA - Lifetime Sponsor
- Jodi L Condyles of Marysville, WA (07/31/2022)
- Susana Ortiz of Issaquah, WA (05/31/2023)