We are a network of private homes helping Western Washington’s homeless senior dogs. Old Dog Haven has no shelter or kennel, all our dogs live as members of a family. We are caring for over 240 dogs at a time in our foster homes. We focus on the oldest dogs left at shelters but occasionally we can take a dog directly from the owner. Dogs in good health with reasonable life expectancy are adopted out; the rest are loved and cared for in a Final Refuge home for as long as they have good quality of life. We also try to assist owners to find new homes for their senior dogs through our website and referrals, and cross-post senior dogs for shelters and other rescues. Old Dog Haven is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization.
Please explore the website for information about becoming an ODH home, adoptable dogs, our placement program, sponsorship program for Final Refuge dogs, and other resources. Contact Old Dog Haven with your inquiry.
DOGS NEEDING ODH HOMES!
We have had a very large number of pleas for help from shelters – way too many dogs for our current homes to take in. If you have ever thought about becoming an ODH Home, NOW is the time to apply (veterinary expenses are paid by ODH). Please be sure to read the material on Being an ODH Home for details before considering it, and contact us for an application. Most of these dogs will be permanent fosters, not adoptable. Matching each home to the right dog is very important, and the list of dogs in need will change frequently. If your situation is appropriate for one of these abandoned old creatures, you will find it tremendously rewarding!
PUPDATES: 12/19/14 – More dogs moving to ODH homes and new dogs have been added! See those still in need of homes here.
Old Dog Haven’s 2015 calendar is available as a gift with donations of $30 or more (see below to make a donation), or can be purchased at our events or from one of the many outlets listed here. This full color wall calendar features beautiful pictures of many of the ODH Dogs. It makes a wonderful holiday gift as well!
Click Here to make a donation of $30 or more to Old Dog Haven.
(Please note “send my gift of a 2015 Calendar” in the comment section.)
The Mud Bay in Mill Creek again hosted a Giving Tree for the ODH foster dogs, and their customers were extremely generous.
Final Refuge dog Zsa Zsa is enthusiastically picking up her gifts in person.
Our sincere thanks to the hardworking staff and their customers.
ODH Book Now Available for Purchase!
* Finalist in the “Animals/Pets: Narrative Non-Fiction” category of the
2014 USA Best Book Awards!!*
Every Old Dog Has a Story to Tell by Ardeth De Vries is filled with wonderful and inspiring stories about many Old Dog Haven dogs. Ardeth is donating all proceeds from book sales to Old Dog Haven. The book has its own Facebook page too – be sure to “like” it to get news, including author appearances, and see photos of the ODH dogs featured in the book.
About the Author: Ardeth De Vries has been involved with Old Dog Haven since 2005 and serves as President of Old Dog Haven’s Board of Directors. Ardeth is the person behind all our print and e-newsletters, which are filled with exciting Old Dog Haven news, photos and events. She also writes articles for the Old Dog Haven website and counsels people about end-of-life decisions, grieving and the care of senior dogs.
You can buy the book locally at the following locations (100% of the purchase price goes to ODH):
- Arlington – Skookum Brewery, 17925A 59th Ave NE
- Ballard/Seattle – The Mailbox (Ballard), 2400 NW 80th St.
- Bellevue – Tesslan Dog Spa, 14210 NE 20th St.
- Bellingham – Village Books, 1200 11th St.
- Coupeville – Kingfisher Bookstore, 16 Front St.
- Edmonds – Blue Collar Dog House, 180 W. Dayton St.
- Edmonds – Edmonds Westgate Veterinary Hospital, 700 Edmonds Way
- Edmonds – The Refinery Salon, 133 4th Ave. N.
- Kirkland - Natural Pet Pantry, 10600 NE 68th St.
- Lake Stevens – K9 Korral, 9612 115th Ave. NE
- Lynnwood – Bella’s Voice Thrift Shop, 4001 198th St. S.W. Ste 8
- Lynnwood – Mud Bay, 2800 196th St SW (next to Whole Foods)
- Mill Creek – Paddywack, 15407 Main St (Mill Creek Town Center)
- Mill Creek – Mud Bay, 1018 164th St. SE
- Puyallup – Puyallup Valley Veterinary Clinic, 2208 E Main Ave.
- Puyallup – Dog Daze Natural Pet Market, 105 East Stewart Ave.
- Puyallup – River Road Animal Hospital, 1508 18th St NW
- Puyallup – Ritzy Rover Pet Styling, 744 4th St NW
- Redmond – Eastside Dog, 7533 166th Ave. NE
- Seattle – Casita International, 423 15th Ave. E
The book will also be available at events attended by ODH during the year; check the calendar on our website to see where we’ll be. You can also purchase the book online from Barnes & Noble, Amazon, other online retailers, or you can order it from your local bookstore.
Old Dog Haven News!
[To subscribe to our E-Newsletter or our print Newsletter, please email ODH with your preferred email address and/or mailing address!]
Old Dog Haven
621 SR9 NE PMB A-4
Lake Stevens, WA 98258
We appreciate your support!
What’s going on!
- Harrison, Prita, Luigi, and Duke are adopted!
- Opa and Mikey & Stella are new Adoptable Dogs!
- Penny, Kizzie, and Layla have been added to Final Refuge dogs for your sponsoring pleasure!
Here is little Dixie, a sweet old lady Pomeranian with her new ODH Foster mom Anita!
Scott Watkins, one of our wonderful transport volunteers drove Dixie from Everett to Gig Harbor and her new home in his Dog Gone Good Real Estate van which proudly proclaims his support of Old Dog Haven.
Some FINE PRINT
Old Dog Haven is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization (TIN 65-1249528) and relies on donations and fundraising activities for its income. We will not disclose donor information outside of our organization except as required by law. We will not sell or distribute our mailing lists to anyone. We will mail or e-mail a thank-you note acknowledging each contribution unless directed NOT to do so. We will mail or e-mail newsletters to donors unless directed NOT to do so. We will send a receipt of annual donations the following January unless requested at the time of donation.
***This charity is currently registered with Washington Secretary of State under the charitable solicitation act, registration number 23310***